Empowering the Community
Simply put, we are run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities.
We prove that what you want for your life is possible. Since 1976, we have worked hand-in-hand with you to help you live the life you want to live. Our mission is to empower the lives of people with disabilities and advocate for a more inclusive community for all.
In addition to providing individualized services, community advocacy, and group workshops for your self-improvement, we are a dynamic community enrichment and recreation center filled with events and activities to help you connect with people and your passions.
What is your goal?
Whether you want to find housing that works for you, look for a career, or connect with others to add meaning and enjoyment to your life, we help you develop a plan to achieve your goals and work with you to help you get there. We also advocate within the community to make our region more inclusive for people with disabilities.
Specifically, we provide:
- Advocacy to make our community more accessible, friendlier, and livable
- Assistance accessing community resources
- Career services
- Disability training for businesses and organizations
- Independent living coaching
- Peer support
- Small business development assistance
- Recreation and arts programming
- Transitions from nursing facilities back into the community
- Volunteer and training opportunities
- Youth programming
We serve individuals in the counties of:
- Livingston and
Our organization encompasses the Washtenaw office, the Monroe office, and our Livingston-based staff members. However, we only have locations in Ann Arbor and Monroe.